Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

Banana Bread

Hi friends! 

It's been a busy few weeks. How is it the end of July already???  I'm all geared up to start my fellowship in 2 weeks! Which reminds me, I need to tell you all why I picked this field of medicine. Soon!

In the meantime I wanted to share a new banana bread recipe that I stumbled upon. 
We had a few bananas that were a bit too ripe, and on our nightly dog walk Garret asked if I would make some banana bread. Unfortunately, we didn't have any eggs on head. But no fear! It's easy to sub flaxseed for egg in most recipes. 

To do this, all you need is a small bowl, ground flaxseed, and water.
Use 1 Tbsp flax + 2-3 tbsp water.
Mix together and let sit for about 5 min.
The mixture will sort of gel together and act as the binder in your recipe instead of an egg.
Easy peasy! 



It's great for baking for vegan friends and for those with egg allergies! 
Or, if you are like me and decide to bake at 9 at night and don't feel like running to the store 😉

This particular recipe comes from the lovely Dana at Minimalist Baker. I've tried a ton of her recipes and none of them disappoint! 


I added Enjoy Life chocolate chips and used less honey since the bananas were super ripe (errr almost black).
Since we try not to do a lot of added sugar, I frequently will cut the sugar by a 1/4 to 1/2 in most recipes i find. Most of the time you can't even notice! 





What do you like to add to banana bread? I bet blueberries would be awesome in this one!

Xoxo

kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated, but please keep it clean!